This program consists of Foundation and Level 1 Automotive Service Technician Technical training as per the ITA prescribed curriculum. This program meets the ITA prerequisite for Level 2 technical training. Automotive Service Technician is a nationally designated trade under the Interprovincial Red Seal program.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
Successful completion of the Automotive Service Technician Foundation Program results in the student acquiring credit for Level 1 AST technical training and 450 work-based hours, and eligibility to move into Level 2 Apprenticeship training once they have a sponsor.
There is Reading week included in this program (30 hours) that will occur in the last week of February each year (exact dates will vary).
Automotive Service Technician, Automotive Dealership Service Manager, Automotive Sales, or Automotive Business or Dealership Owner.
Location: Dawson Creek South Peace Campus
Length: 33 weeks/990 hrs
Fees: Current Fee Schedule
Provide British Columbia secondary school transcripts or equivalent indicating successful completion of Grade 10 level that includes:
• Grade 10 English, OR Career and College Preparation ENGL 030 (Intermediate/ Grade 10) with C+ or higher;
• Grade 10 Math (Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10), OR Career and College Preparation MATH 030 (Intermediate Developmental Math), MATH 031(Intermediate Trades Math) or MATH 035 (Intermediate Algebraic Math) with C+ or higher,
ESTR 037 (Intermediate-Level Essential Skills for Trades) with 67% or higher;
Complete the following sections of the Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT):
• Reading Comprehension: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Number Operations: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Problem Solving: 11.0 grade equivalent or higher
• Mechanical Reasoning: 51/70 (6th Stanine) or higher
Based on the results of the assessment(s), applicants may be required to participate in an assessment interview to determine admissibility. Interview may be conducted via teleconference if necessary.
Successful completion of the NLC POWER program.
• Grade 10 level completion that includes Grade 10 English, Grade 10 Math (Apprenticeship and Workplace Math) with 67 per cent (C+) or higher.
- The program is eligible for Canada Student Loans. Visit StudentAid BC to apply for financial assistance online. Note that dual credit students are not eligible for Student Aid.
- Students must provide Personal protective equipment (safety glasses, steel-toed boots, gloves, coveralls, etc.)
Students are required to sign and adhere to the Trades & Apprenticeship Safety and Attendance Policy.
- The program is affiliated with the Industry Training Authority and School District 59, School District 60, School District 81 and School District 87.
- As NLC’s South Peace campus is connected to the Dawson Creek High School - South Peace campus, the Criminal Records Review Act requires that all students over the age of 19 before classes begin must complete a Schedule Type B Criminal Record Check (CRC). Costs related to the CRC will be paid by the College; please contact the NLC Admissions Officer for more information.
- The information on the page is a summary of the official Program Completion Guide approved by NLC’s Education Council. Download a PDF of the Program Completion Guide
APPLY NOW for the Automotive Service Technician Foundation program in Dawson Creek
Do you need more information?
Program Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org