The Criminal Record Review Act requires that all students registered in a post-secondary program, where they may be working with children and/or vulnerable adults, must have a criminal record check (CRC) done by the Criminal Records Review Program (CRRP). It is NOT the same as a record check completed through your local RCMP office.
The Ministry of Justice is the authorized body under the Act to review offences and make a determination of risk.
Please note: CRCs can take up to six weeks to receive; ensure you allow enough time prior to your submission deadline.
Instructions for Students
A PDF version of these instructions can be downloaded and printed.
500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- WORKS WITH: Children
- WORKS WITH: Children and Vulnerable Adults
If you have already completed a Schedule “B” CRC, you may elect to Share the result with NLC. You can only share results for the same category, for example, if you have a CRC for Working with Children, but your program requires that you have one for Working with Children and Vulnerable Adults, you would have to submit a completely new CRC.
For programs at NLC, we do not accept a CRC completed through your local RCMP or police office.
All NLC students are required to attempt to consent to their criminal records check using the BC Ministry of Justice eCRC service. The eCRC service is an online criminal records check consent that does not require you to complete any paper forms, nor come in person to NLC.
To complete your eCRC:
- Go online to //justice.gov.bc.ca/eCRC/
- If your program requires that you have a CRC for Working with: Children and Vulnerable Adults, then enter the access code: AA723GSTVT
If your program requires that you have a CRC for Working with: Children only, then enter the access code: W9SKGUDRRZ
- Request a New Criminal Record Check if you do not have a shareable criminal records check.
- Share the result of a Completed Criminal Record Check if you already have completed a CRC prior for another institution or work place. Note: if you are sharing a request, please make sure it matches with the correct “works with” category that you need for your program and that you are using the correct access code listed above.
- Complete the required information.
- Complete the Electronic Identity Verification (EIV).
- Pay (credit card or Interac Online).
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know the date you completed the check.
What if the eCRC does not work?
If you are unable to complete the eCRC, the system will allow you to print a special form as a manual application. The manual form is not available without first attempting to apply for an eCRC. Once you have printed the form, contact email@example.com for further instructions.
NLC will receive your CRC results directly from the Ministry of Justice and update your NLC records as required. You will be notified once all your post-admission requirements are complete.
* Students that have lost or require an additional copy of their Clearance Letter that NLC received previously, may request a copy by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.